Thursday, March 24, 2011

We Made the Front Page and the Playground Arrives...phewf!

On our way to the village on Wednesday we discovered that our project made the front page of the newspaper!  The playground arrived on Tuesday evening so the last 2 days the firefighters have been workin hard to get it together before the opening ceremony today.  Last night they worked until it was finished... I haven't seen the finished product it'll be a surprise when I get to the village this morning.  I ca't believe that today is the day that we will open the doors to both the Nutrition Centre and the Medical Dental Centre... it's been a long time coming.  As I type this the doctors and dentists are on their way to the village to start the first treatment day at the centre.  By the time I get there at 9:30am there will be patients waiting to be seen.  At 4pm everyone will be there and we'll have a small celebration to open the first buildings of the Sahana Children's Village!  What a miracle!!